Vision of the Future

Art by Helene Delmaire


Shrivelled roots attached to trees

Perpetually bald and gaunt frowns

Hollow logs that whisper agonising

Moans of age long gone

Still photosynthesising against 

The will of their ghosts


Barren animal carcasses litter the street

No plants left to colonise rancid husks

Pungent smells permeate the air and

Scream for their lost souls 

Eerie cries for species 

Mother Earth once knew


As for men –

A kind of Leprosy consumes their

Arms, legs, gorging out their eyes

Empty torsos desperately search for life

But it’s better this way. 

It’s better this way. 

***

Disclaimer: I use my platform to write whatever is on my mind and my opinions may differ from yours. Whether you agree or disagree with me, I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments. However, I would encourage civil discussions so that we can all learn from one another. Thank you!

If you enjoy my work, consider joining my Telegram channel to read short snippets of future works and bonus thoughts on the world around me. Thanks for stopping by!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why the Lucky Girl Syndrome Scares Me

Honest Review: People, Places & Things (Staged by Pangdemonium!)

I Know a Girl (We All Know a Girl)