Eavesdrop

 

Image: notonthehighstreet

I hear faint voices talking downstairs.

Unmistakingly belonging to a 

Man and woman – what might they be

Discussing this time?


Perhaps the dishes were left undone

Or the wrong cloth was used to wipe

Tables with minuscule food debris the

Naked eye is unable to catch


The sounds get louder

The sounds get angrier

Are they squabbling?

Are they arguing?


I rush downstairs to

Break them apart and 

Return the house to silence

To make the noise stop


But there’s nobody there.

And I realise – 

The house was quiet all along.

They aren’t even home yet.

***

Disclaimer: I use my platform to write whatever is on my mind and my opinions may differ from yours. Whether you agree or disagree with me, I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments. However, I would encourage civil discussions so that we can all learn from one another. Thank you!

If you enjoy my work, consider joining my Telegram channel to read short snippets of future works and bonus thoughts on the world around me. Thanks for stopping by!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why the Lucky Girl Syndrome Scares Me

Honest Review: People, Places & Things (Staged by Pangdemonium!)

I Know a Girl (We All Know a Girl)